Acupuncture is an effective alternative medicine practice based on traditional Chinese medicine. It involves placing thin needles at specific points in the body to stimulate energy pathways. It is performed by certified, experienced, and well-trained acupuncturists, such as our chiropractor at True Health Chiropractic & Rehabilitation. There are many acupuncture benefits, including:
- Reduced stress levels: Elevated stress levels are one of the main reasons patients seek acupuncture treatment. Many of our patients experience discomfort due to stress. Acupuncture has been shown to moderate mood and lower stress hormones, reducing feelings of depression and anxiety while also reducing swelling and inflammation.
- Reduced back pain and neck tension: Poor workplace ergonomics, constant use of cellphones, carrying heavy backpacks – these practices all contribute to back and neck pain. Acupuncture is a drug-free and effective treatment helping to reduce pain and tension.
- Reduced eye strain: Eye strain and neck tension are often linked. Acupuncture has proven to be effective in treating eye conditions including astigmatism, cataracts, amblyopia, glaucoma, myopia, and more.
- Increased energy levels and mental clarity: Many patients report a surge of energy and enhanced mental clarity following acupuncture. Many patients also report higher quality sleep, making acupuncture an effective method of addressing sleeping orders such as insomnia.
- Allergy relief: Acupuncture has also been shown to provide relief from seasonal allergies. It is important to start acupuncture treatment before an allergy season begins to experience the full range of benefits. In some situations, acupuncture can replace the use of antihistamines
Are There Any Side Effects of Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an incredibly safe procedure, and most of our patients report zero side effects. However, there are a few potential side-effects you should be aware of. The most common side effects are soreness or bruising at the site of needle insertion.
Acupuncture in Merrillville, IN
At True Health Chiropractic & Rehabilitation, we offer a wide range of chiropractic care services including acupuncture. We have years of experience providing residents of Merrillville, IN, and the surrounding areas with natural and effective acupuncture treatment. If you believe you would benefit from acupuncture, we are ready to assist you. For more information on the benefits of acupuncture or to schedule an appointment, call us at (219) 769-7787.